Bin collection days
Here is a link to the waste collection days for 2022
A reminder that dogs are not allowed on the Recreation field
A polite notice to parishioners – please clean up after your dog!
A number of residents have complained to the parish council about the amount of dog-related fouling in Monks Eleigh, especially around the recreation field. Dogs are not permitted on the recreation field.
All dog owners have a legal duty to clean up dog mess immediately after their animal fouls a public place. Dog mess laws do not allow the excuse of ‘not noticing’ that the canine has fouled.
As well as being an eyesore, potential health hazard and a nuisance, on most public land it is an offence under the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 not to clear up after your dog after it has fouled. Babergh Council has powers to issue 'on the spot' Fixed Penalty Notices of £50, or to prosecute in the criminal courts, which could lead to a fine of up to £1,000.
Sudbury & District Citizens Advice
We offer a telephone advice service from Mon – Thurs: 10am – 3pm
Tel: 01787 321400, 0300 330 1151 or 03444 111 444
Or email email@example.com
We’re here to help you – whoever you are, whatever the problem Benefits, Debt, Consumer, Housing, Employment, Education, Health, Legal, Immigration Relationships
We provide free independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. Registered charity number 1123466 Published April 2020
A Who's Who on the Parish Council
The table below lists your current Parish Councillors and their areas of responsibilities
Chair Person - John Newton firstname.lastname@example.org 07860-533221
Vice Chairman - Patti Derry - email@example.com 01449 741447
Footpaths & Highways - Elizabeth Evans - firstname.lastname@example.org 07749226299
Millennium Green Representative - Patti Derry - email@example.com 01449 741447
Planning - John Newton firstname.lastname@example.org 07860-533221
Playing Fields & Common Areas - Victoria Keitley-Webb - email@example.com
SALC Representative - Will Sykes - firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Council Finance - Alan Braithwaite - email@example.com 01449 740813
Asset Manager - Alan Braithwaite - firstname.lastname@example.org 01449 740813
Village Hall Representative - Angela Forrest - email@example.com 01449 74041
Website - Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk to the Council
2 Northfield Road
Should you have any issues which you would like the Parish Council to assist with - please, in the first instance, contact your Parish Councillor, details as above.
- To encourage owners of those less tidy areas of the village to smarten up and improve those areas.
- To do all that we can to ensure that any proposed new buildings are in line with the Babergh Local Plan and that any building that takes place only enhances the village.
- To improve road safety, especially at the difficult junctions at each end of the village.
- To pledge ourselves to conserve the lovely environment in which we are privileged to live - both aesthetically and ecologically.
- To continue to promote a caring spirit amongst our community and to promote the sustainability of our village.
- To represent the interests of the whole community.